Updated: April 2022
Our contact details
Company name: AI Global Media Ltd
ICO Registration: ZA196657
Registered Company Number: 07400916
Address: Ground Floor, Suites B-D, The Maltsters, Wetmore Road, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1LS
Telephone number: 0203 970 0010
Main email: [email protected]
Data Protection / GDPR email: [email protected]
AI Global and what we do
AI Global Media Limited (‘AI Global’) is B2B publishing group with a global reach and a combined worldwide readership of over a million business leaders, experts and advisors. With platforms across investment, finance as well as a number of industry sectors; AI Global provides its web visitors and its readers with the latest need-to-know content and updates associated with their industry. We also provide tailored advertising and editorial solutions for a wide array of global clients.
Through our annual awards, we strive to recognise and promote the most outstanding work carried out across the global corporate landscape every year, highlighting examples of spectacular commitment, professionalism, expertise, and of course, results that mark out our carefully chosen winners as something truly special.
The type of personal information we collect
AI Global’s target market is exclusively business organisations and occasionally individuals working within those organisations in their professional capacity. We do not provide products or services targeted at consumers.
Any information requested or processed by AI Global will relate to the organisation concerned or, in respect of personal data, only that relating to an individual in their professional capacity rather than in their private capacity as a consumer; to establish a point of contact within the organisation.
The main personal identifiers we may collect include:
· Email address
· Job title
· Location data (region, country – of the business/office)
· LinkedIn URL’s
Other data we collect
Additional information processed may include organisation details, bank payment details where appropriate and in the case of our awards programmes, particular achievements of an organisation.
How do we get information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· You have opted in as the point of contact for your company in our awards program.
· You have subscribed to our e-newsletter.
· You have completed our website contact form.
We may also receive personal information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
· We have contacted your organisation and they have put you forward as the point of contact for liaison.
· A vote for your company has been submitted via third party nomination in our online contact form.
· Where you have made your contact information available on your organisation’s website and we use this to contact you and your organisation with an invite for participation.
In addition, we source information from reputable third parties and from information in the public domain, for example on the internet.
What we do with your data
We protect the privacy of your information using secure servers located within the EU. The information that you provide or that we obtain about you will be kept confidential and secure, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us before we receive it.
In cases where an order is placed with us, we may share your information with reputable third-parties who will help us deliver our service to you. Should you wish to know these entities, please email our Compliance Officer quoting your sales reference number.
We require all such third-parties to treat your personal information as confidential and to comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation in place at any given time.
Your information may be held and used by AI Global for market analysis and production of internal reports, for marketing our products and services generally and (subject to any preference that you may indicate when submitting your details) for sending information to you about our services and publications. We may use profiling techniques to do this.
Please contact our Compliance Officer at [email protected] if you have any queries about what we do with your information or what information we hold about you.
We do not transfer personal information outside the EU.
Data Protection Law
AI Global meets its obligations as outlined by The Data Protection Act 2018, which is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will ensure that personal data shall be:
· Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
· Used for specified, explicit purposes.
· Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
· Kept for no longer than is necessary.
· Handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage.
Lawfully processing your data
AI Global ensures lawful processing of personal data by
· Using legitimate interest to reach out to companies we feel would be suitable for our award programs.
· Using consent once a nomination has been accepted to allow the award participation to continue.
· Using contractual obligation where select participants opt to purchase a product or service from us.
An individual’s rights under Data Protection Law
As an individual you have the following rights in respect of the personal data processed by AI Global:
1. The right to be informed about how AI Global uses personal data.
2. The right of access to the personal data we hold. This is known as a Subject Access Request and can be made by emailing us at [email protected].
3. The right to rectification where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
4. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
5. The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
6. This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you
7. The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where AI Global’s requirement to process the data are overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Links to other web sites
This privacy statement only covers the web services offered from this site. Other websites are governed by their own privacy statements. We are not responsible for policies or procedures for sites not operated for or on behalf of AI Global. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us before we receive it.
If you wish to make a complaint to our supervisory body
You may do so by visiting www.ico.org.uk or by writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Updates to this policy
This policy will be kept under continual review, and changes may be made from time to time.