Wealth managers and regulators from Hong Kong, Singapore, Geneva, London and New York will visit Reuters bureaus on June 8 through 11 to discuss where people are putting their money and topics including digital currencies, alternative investments, millennials and Generation X, regulatory issues, consolidation and more. The stories and videos from the closed on-the-record sessions at the Reuters Wealth Management Summit will be posted online at http://www.reuters.com/summit/Wealth15.
Wealth management is changing faster than ever, with managers battling to keep up with developments in regulation, technology and demographics. They are doing so against a backdrop of uncertainty following the worst financial crisis in decades, making investment decisions tougher and returns harder to achieve. Wealthy clients from established and emerging markets want trusted advice, returns, flexibility and security, while regulators demand transparency, increased surveillance and more capital.
This week at the Wealth Management Summit, Reuters will interview wealth managers and regulators asking how they are adapting their business models to serve “Generation X”, what greater regulatory scrutiny means for margins and where they are looking for growth and consolidation to secure their future.
Reuters Wealth Management Summit, which will generate exclusive stories and investable insights, as well as online videos and blog postings.
Guests speaking at the Summit will include:
• Merrill Lynch Head of Wealth Management John Thiel
• Citi Private Bank Global Head Peter Charrington
• President of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management & Morgan Stanley Investment Management Greg Fleming
• Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Chairman and Chief Executive Richard Ketchum
• Nutmeg Founder and Chief Executive Nick Hungerford
• Lombard Odier Asia Head of Private Banking and Singapore Chief Executive Vincent Magnenat
• Securities Litigation and Consulting Group PhD and Principal Edward O’Neal
• Banque Reyl CEO Francois Reyl
• DBS Managing Director and Group Head of Consumer Banking and Wealth Management Tan Su Shan
Reuters Summits bring together top executives from key industries in exclusive sessions with Reuters News global teams of specialist journalists. During the course of Reuters Summits, exclusive news stories and video interviews are posted on Reuters.com, providing valuable insight into specific companies, business sectors, and economies.